Saturday, July 28, 2007

Gifts

Have I mentioned how great my husband is recently? Just a few hours ago when we arrived at the South China Pearl factory Joe turned to me and said that he wanted to buy his "girls" a keepsake from our trip. He then let Leah pick out a beautiful necklace for herself, one for her sister and he bought me a beautiful pearl bracelet. I thought this was one of the most thoughtful gestures that my husband has ever made and am so glad that we will all have a little of Guilin to bring home with us.

Pretty packages
Each necklace has an 18 carat gold chain and a sea pearl


My bracelet is made of river pearls, the color of dark grey
(which is naturally colored by iron in the oyster)
Joe working on his bargaining skills

Some of the women at the pearl factory teaching Maya how to crawl



9 comments:

Joannah said...

How pretty! I love pearls - they are timeless.

Lisa and Tate said...

So beautiful... what a sweet man you have for a husband and a baba. Maya is so adorable. Looks like Leah just loves her meimei.

Lisa

OziMum said...

What a lovely gesture! I'm sure the pearls will be treasured forever!

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

That is so sweet :) Your bracelet is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hi Steph, Joe and Leah and Maya!

just wanted to say hello from the UK....

Love,
Auntie Chau and Maureen

ps
she's adorable. see you soon!

Tammy said...

Joe's a keeper.

The necklaces are really pretty and so meaningful. Your bracelet is exceptionally pretty - lucky you!

Anonymous said...

How lovely! What a wonderful, amazing trip your family is having. Thank you so much for sharing all of this with us!

Wendy B.

Polar Bear said...

What a wonderful guy!
I love the girls necklaces. Those are perfect!

Your bracelet is BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE that!

Anonymous said...

That is incredibly sweet. I so love your bracelet.